X=independently organized YIL event.
What is YILx?
To achieve the mission of the YIL Fellowship — to raise leaders who can inspire, initiate, manage and lead innovation in their spheres — we have decided to expand our platform and distribute this opportunity to more young people in Nigeria.
We aim to create strong cohorts of skilled individuals in every single community in Africa who will administer Africa’s solutions, one challenge at a time, and one community at a time.
How Does it Work?
The YILx programme will be employing the “STIP” strategy: Select, Train, Innovate, and Pitch
Organizers select a particular challenge which they wish to innovatively solve before calling for applications from the public. Prospective participants apply for the programme and are selected based on set criteria.
The training will occur in two stages.
- First, an online course from Udemy or any other MOOC
- A 1 or 2-day intensive in-person training
Applicants are divided into teams and expected to tackle this challenge through a fast-track customer discovery process.
Winning team pitches idea at the Innovate4Nigeria event of the YIL Fellowship.
How Do I Get In?
Assessment will involve one short essay (200 to 300 characters long) where applicants will describe their motivation to be a YILx Star.
Applicants are screened based on their hard kills, relevance for the Challenge, and their motivation.
YILx Stars then pay a registration fee after which they are launched into the learning experience.
- A certificate on Innovation Management from the YIL fellowship.
- 3 hours of private coaching from Dr Obichi Obiajunwa — founder of the YIL Fellowship.
- Opportunity to develop, own, and pitch their idea before a YIL Fellowship panel of experts at the Innovate4Nigeria event.
- Free pass to the YIL Fellowship Induction Conference.